Sunday, July 1, 2012

Keep Calm & Ignore Junk Food

Happy July! I cannot believe how quickly the first four weeks of summer flew by!

Where in the world have I been?!

With the exception of the four days I spent in professional development, I've done absolutely nothing that would qualify as "productive" {unless sleeping and suntanning count}


July is going to be a fantastic month...I can feel it! For the next 30 days I will be 
replacing one meal with Shakeology, eliminating foods with added sugar, and completing 100 squats. This is all part of a challenge being led by a friend of mine who is a Beachbody coach in the Austin, TX area. The 10 participants - along with our coach - will be holding one another accountable and submitting our food journals using a Facebook page.

In addition, I've decided to use my blog throughout this challenge as a resource for myself and for others. I plan to post my food journal and workout routines daily. Hopefully it will keep me on track and possibly even inspire/encourage others along the way!

Food
7:45 am - 3 egg whites, 1 banana, strawberries
12:45 pm - chocolate Shakeology + flax milk + ice
3:45 pm - 3 oz. fresh spinach + lite Italian dressing (love this Newman's Own dressing)
7:30 pm - Mediterranean wrap + side of fruit (great "lite" option at Jason's Deli)

Workout
1oo squats

Two tools I'm using and highly recommend...

  1. Calorie Counter (Andriod App)
  2. The Biggest Loser digital kitchen scale
I've been very happy with these two products, but I'm sure there are others on the market that are comparable and/or better. I chose the app because it was free, and the scale was $17 at Bed Bath & Beyond (with the 20% off coupon, of course)!

My goal...

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment