Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Lists

Today is Wednesday which means I did my grocery shopping at Sprouts! I do most of my shopping there, especially for my produce because it's the freshest and often the least expensive - win, win!

As I was getting ready this morning I had lots of things running through my head and I kept meaning to make a list. I finally decided to look for an app on my phone. {Okay, I may be a little behind the times here...I'm slowly but surely discovering helpful apps on my smartphone!} Considering 
my handwritten lists only make it with me to the store about 50% of the time, I figured it was time for an app. I always have my phone with me...so again...win, win!

I don't know about you but I rarely pay for apps. I found a free one called "
Out of Milk" that had 4.5/5 stars, so I installed it. The app has three features - a shopping list, a pantry list, and a to-do list. I only used the shopping list today, but the whole thing seems pretty useful!

Before I left for Sprouts I
typed in the items I needed. One feature I love is the ability to change the order of the items. There are certain staples I don't buy at Sprouts because they're cheaper elsewhere, therefore I put those items at the bottom of the list so I would remember them later. Also, since I work my way clockwise around the store, I arranged the items in the order in which I would come to them. {Okay, that's my OCD side coming out...and yes, I realize it!}

I know you've heard this a billion times, but I'm going to recommend it anyway:
make a list before you go to the grocery store. It will help you get organized before your shopping trip (maybe even plan a few meals) and it will also help you stay on track during your time at the store!

Try to stay away from junk food...


...stock up on these foods...


...and remember...

July 11th journal:

Food

8:30 am - chocolate Shakeology + 2 cups unsweetened flax milk + 1 frozen banana + 1 cup ice
12:45 pm - leftover chicken/beans/rice/corn
3:00 pm - Larabar
6:15 pm - whole grain toast, 2 egg whites w/ salsa
9:00 pm - pita chips, carrot sticks, hummus, clementines

Workout

100 squats

Thanks for reading!


Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment