Friday, July 6, 2012

Random Creation: "Fiesta Scramble"

Today I had a little fun making lunch using random foods in my fridge! Read on to see my creation...

Food

10:45 am - chocolate Shakeology + 1 cup unsweetened flax milk + 1 cup ice
1:45 pm - fiesta scramble (see recipe below)
4:15 pm - 4 banana-oat balls (see July 2nd post for recipe)
7:30 pm - wood-grilled tilapia (full portion), broccoli, asparagus, garden salad w/ pico de gallo (Red Lobster)
9:30 pm - apple

Workout

100 squats

Fiesta Scramble

This is a recipe I came up with based on what I had in my fridge. I had a little bit of spinach that was beginning to wilt, so I didn't want to eat it raw but also didn't want to throw it away. I also had leftover beans, rice, and tomatoes from the other day. I immediately thought of an omelette, but the finished product was more of a "scramble" :)

1 egg, 2 egg whites

3 oz spinach
1/2 cup black beans
1/3 cup cooked brown rice
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
seasoning (I used a basil & garlic mix)  

I started by sauteing the spinach with my seasoning. Once the spinach was mostly cooked, I added 
the bean, rice, and tomato mixture and allowed everything to be heated through. Lastly, I added the egg and egg whites!

This recipe made a large bowl and only contained 330 calories, 6 g fat, and 27 g protein!


Remember...I was trying to use up food in my fridge - the amounts listed above can certainly be altered. I enjoyed the flavors together, but I encourage you to find things in your fridge and make your own version of an omelette...or scramble!

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment