Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Running

I had professional development today and let me just say...6:00 am came way too early! Tonight I'll be getting in bed before midnight...

Food

7:30 am - chocolate Shakeology + 2 frozen bananas + 1 cup water
11:45 am - salad {spinach, tuna, grape tomatoes, black beans, dressing} & Ezekiel cinnamon raisin toast
3:15 pm - Larabar
5:45 pm - egg whites, peach, cantaloupe
9:00 pm - pita chips w/ hummus, smartpop popcorn

Workout

100 squats

I went for a run yesterday after a full week of resting my knee. My goal was one mile, but I pushed a little farther...


I bought new shoes, socks, and a knee strap at Run On! in McKinney. I highly recommend visiting this store if you're new to running! They watched me walk and run, chose three shoes that would work best for me, and after trying each pair on (walking and running in each) I chose the most comfortable pair!

I also took time yesterday to look into proper running forms. I need to work on my form in order to prevent injuries - especially knee injuries! Here are a few videos I found helpful:
 


Thanks for reading! 6 more days :)

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment