Today concludes my first week of the challenge! (Replacing one meal with Shakeology, doing 100 squats, and eliminating foods with added sugar - every day for 30 days!)
You might be wondering how I'm feeling.
For starters, my quads are pretty sore from squats! My calves are also sore from my two-mile run a few days ago, and one of my knees started bothering me toward the end of that run (the one I had problems with in high school - tendinitis). But I am not complaining! I just wanted to give y'all a little insight and let you know I'm not just cruising through this, easy-peasy - I'm working for it!
(side note: how do you spell "easy-peasy" anyway?! It's one of those things I say but never write/type, haha)
I honestly have not lost any wight in the past week. (I forgot to mention that I did lose 6 pounds in the three or four weeks prior to the start of this challenge simply by eating healthier.) On the bright side, my legs are firmer and more toned! Yay!
I've enjoyed keeping a food journal because it helps me make conscious decisions about what to eat and when to eat. I try to eat small meals every three to four hours, and it's been working pretty well!
Food
10:00 am - chocolate Shakeology + 1 cup unsweetened flax milk + 1 cup chilled coffee + 2 cups ice
12:30 pm - 2 banana-oat balls (see July 2nd post for recipe)
3:30 pm - 4 egg whites w/ 1/4 cup salsa, 1 apple, cucumber slices & carrot sticks w/ 2 tbsp hummus (ALL for only 275 calories)
5:30 pm - 2 banana-oat balls
7:30 pm - grilled chicken, sauteed vegetable, spring mix (no dressing)
9:30 pm - 2 clementines, 100-calorie pop corn
Workout
100 squats
So glad I've started :)
Lauren

No comments:
Post a Comment