Sunday, July 29, 2012

So you ordered that side of "steamed vegetables"...

July is almost over! 2 more days of the challenge, then it's August! I go back to work 3 weeks from Tuesday and school starts 4 weeks from tomorrow...crazy!

July 29th journal:


Food

7:30 am - chocolate Shakeology + 1 ripe banana + 1 cup water + 1 cup ice
11:45 am - "heart healthy grilled salmon" w/ "skinny steamed vegetables" @ Cotton Patch 

3:30 pm - apple, Ezekiel cinnamon raisin toast, pretzels
7:00 pm - chicken, green bean casserole, salad, cantaloupe
10:45 pm - Larabar

{Side note: Click on the "Cotton Patch" link above. S
croll down to the "sides" and notice the "steamed vegetables" have 203 calories and 18 grams of fat vs. the "skinny steamed vegetables" with 41 calories and 0 grams of fatWOW! Props to Cotton Patch for offering vegetables that aren't soaked in butter!}

Workout

100 squats

I love working out at home. For a long time in college I would go to the gym 4-5 days per week and do cardio and weights on my own. In the past few years I have really enjoyed group exercise classes at the gym. My preferences change as well as my commitment and level of motivation. Find what works for you and get into a routine. If things get boring or your preferences change, find something else to do.

In my opinion, the most important things are staying active and fueling your body with healthy food...with a few cheat meals here and there :)


Anyone who is on Pinterest has likely seen this workout schedule. I love this because it gives me an idea that I can run with and make my own. Maybe I don't love a particular exercise, so I just change it up to meet my needs!


Thanks for stopping by! Stick with me for 2 more days :)


Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment