Check out these images that compare portion sizes today with those from the 1950s and 1980s (respectively):
This has been on my mind a lot lately. Since I've been making an effort to measure my food portions at home, I've become even more aware of the portions I'm served when eating out. When there's food in front of me, I want to eat it all...and that's why I try to order the healthier options when eating out. Then I can snatch one or two french fries from my husband's plate ;) Just a little thought that might save you a few calories next time you eat out - take it or leave it!
July 16th journal:
Food
9:45 am - chocolate Shakeology + 1 cup unsweetened flax milk + 1 ripe banana + 1 cup ice + dash of cinnamon
11:45 am - tomato soup
3:45 pm - spring mix w/ canned salmon, Ezekiel toast w/ cinnamon
6:15 pm - Larabar, oatmeal w/ blueberries & cinnamon
8:30 pm - carrot sticks, apple, clementines
Workout
3 mile run {irritated my knee :( planning to rest for a few days and invest in some new shoes!}
20 jumping jacks
20 sumo squats
10 sit-ups
10 push-ups
10 crunches
10 tricep dips {used my coffee table}
(Repeat 5 x)
Thanks for stopping by!
Lauren

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment