Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Garden Salad

I came across this recipe a few weeks ago as I was searching for a dish to take to a BBQ. I really wanted something light that had some sort of nutritional value {anything besides the usual chips-n-dip or baked beans}

I found this recipe on 
allrecipes.com and was really happy with the way it turned out. When following recipes I usually make at least one or two substitutions, but this time I followed it exactly!

Healthy Garden Salad
5 tbsp red wine vinegar
3 tbsp grapeseed oil
  • 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
  • 2 limes, juiced
  • 1 tsp white sugar
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 (1 pound) package frozen shelled edamame
  • 3 cups frozen corn kernels
  • 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
  • 4 green onions, thinly sliced
  • 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained

Directions
  1. In a large serving bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, grapeseed oil, cilantro, lime juice, sugar, salt and garlic. Set aside.
  2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add edamame and boil for 3 minutes. Add corn to the boiling water and continue cooking for 1 more minute.
  3. Drain very well, and pour into the bowl with the dressing. Gently mix in the cherry tomatoes, green onions and black beans.
  4. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving to chill and blend the flavors.
The flavors of the lime and cilantro are so fresh and perfect for summer! Enjoy!

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment