Thursday, July 19, 2012

Healthy Body = Healthy Mind & Healthy Image

Sad? Tired? Stressed? Anxious? Consider the following (thank you, Pinterest):










July 19th journal:

Food
9:30 am - chocolate Shakeology + 1 cup water + 1 cup ice
12:00 pm - Larabar
3:30 pm - peach, cherries, 1 piece Ezekiel toast w/ tuna mixture (tuna, mustard, lemon juice, pepper, & diced grape tomatoes)
4:30 pm - smartpop popcorn
6:15 pm - pasta (1 serving quinoa pasta, 1 serving marinara sauce, 1 cup diced zucchini, pepper & onion, 1 serving mozzarella) YUM!
9:30 pm - pita chips, apple sauce (no sugar added) w/ cinnamon

Workout

25 squats
25 crunches
25 jumpking jacks
(Repeat 4x)

I wanted to share with you a few of my top picks for snacks that satisfy my sweet tooth -
with no added sugar! The best part is that none of these snacks would have been sweet enough for me before I started this challenge. However, since I've been avoiding added sugar, they are plenty sweet! And I'm the girl who used to eat ice cream every day and add sweetener to my oatmeal, coffee, cereal, etc! 

  • Larabars (when I'm craving chocolate I go for the chocolate coconut chew flavor!)
  • Ezekiel 4:9 Cinnamon Raisin Bread w/ pure fruit spread (the kind I'm using is from Silver Dollar City, a theme park in Branson, MO! Can you believe it? It's apricot and it doesn't contain any added sugar!)
  • apple sauce (no added sugar) w/ cinnamon

One of my main goals in participating in this challenge was
to train my taste buds to stop craving sweets - added sugar as well as artificial sweeteners. 19 days in and I can say with certainty...it has been a success!

I want to challenge you - whatever your weakness is that's holding you back and keeping you from reaching your goals...cut it out of your diet! You don't have to do it for a full month, but start with one week! I was crazy-addicted to sugar, but I accepted this challenge and made a commitment to myself and to 10 other women participating in the challenge. If I can do it, you can do it too!

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment