Monday, July 2, 2012

Day #2 - Going Strong

As soon as I woke up this morning I threw on some workout clothes and took my dog {Charlie} on a walk. I downloaded a new app, MapMyRUN+, to track my walk. This is a really neat app that displays your route, time, and speed. It also allows you to weigh-in and track meals, but I honestly didn't play around with it much. Ideally it would be nice to use one app to do it all, but I'm so comfortable with Calorie Counter! I promise I'll play around with both and give you a review and my personal opinion.

So, for day #2 of the challenge...

Food
10:45 am - 3 egg whites, 1 slice whole grain toast with cinnamon, 1 pear
1:45 pm - chocolate Shakeology + 1 cup flax milk + 1 frozen banana
6:45 pm - spinach, bell pepper, cucumber, lite Italian dressing, canned pink salmon
9:30 pm - 4 banana-oat balls (see recipe below)

Workout
2-mile walk (about 37 minutes)
20 jumping jacks

20 sumo squats
20 crunches
20 push-ups

(Repeat 5x - this took me 11 min. 30 sec.)

Banana-Oat Balls

I found this "cookie" recipe on Pinterest. However, my final products did not have the consistency of cookies, so I'm calling them "banana-oat balls." Here is the recipe along with the substitutions I made...

Recipe
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cup apple sauce (I used 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce)
2 cups oats (I used instant)
1/4 cup almond milk (I used unsweetened flax milk)
1/2 cup raisins
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon

Directions


  1. Place bananas and apple sauce in a large mixing bowl. Mash with fork until smooth (it will have small lumps).
  2. Mix in oats, milk, raisins, vanilla, and cinnamon.
  3. Roll into balls and place on lightly greased baking sheet.
  4. Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes.

Yield
26 balls (about the size of a ping-pong ball)

Nutritional Information (per ball)
Calories: 47
Fat: .5
Carbohydrates: 10 g.
Sugar: 4 g.
Protein: 1 g.

I love that these contain no flour or sugar! Please understand - they are not very sweet and have the consistency of a bread or muffin. I gave some to a friend and she says she's going to eat them for breakfast :)

Alright, I'm off to bed. My husband is currently asleep on the floor here in the family room, so I guess I'll have to get him to bed too! I hope everyone had a blessed day! Here's a little encouragement for you...
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment