Tuesday, July 10, 2012

No, I am not on a diet...

July 10th journal...

Food

9:45 am - 4 egg whites + 1/2 cup each of diced onion, diced bell pepper, diced tomatoes
2:00 pm - chocolate Shakeology + 1 cup unsweetened flax milk + 1 cup chilled coffee + 1 ripe banana + 1 cup ice
6:15 pm - grilled chicken w/ black beans, brown rice, corn & salsa (very yummy!)

9:15 pm - 100-calorie popcorn & {unsweetened} applesauce w/ cinnamon

Workout
2-mile jog

100 squats

I really, really like this saying. 

There is a difference. Just because I'm eating healthy does not mean I'm "dieting" or even restricting myself from everything "unhealthy." But to be honest, after 10 days of eating clean I don't have cravings for fast food, junk food, sweets, etc. I actually enjoyed my oatmeal the other day without sweetener...although I'm still not sold on plain Greek yogurt or coffee without a little something in it :)

I believe in allowing yourself to cheat once or twice per week. As our coach of the challenge told us, "Don't let it get out of control." Let yourself have a treat - just not the whole bowl/plate/pan :)


Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment