Here are the highlights...
July
July marked Jonny's first full year at Stonegate Senior Living and he was blessed with a promotion and a raise!
August
In August I began my last semester of graduate school. This included two student teaching assignments (seven weeks in 3rd-6th grade ESL and seven weeks in 6th grade ELA), one 3-hour course, and a 1-hour portfolio course.
September
On September 4th we celebrated our first wedding anniversary! We enjoyed a complimentary lunch at Marie Gabrielle (the venue of our wedding), a relaxing afternoon at the spa and pool at the Rosewood Crescent Hotel, and a delicious dinner with our best friends at Seasons 52.
![]() |
| September 4, 2010 |
November
My grandparents made a big move from Kentucky to Texas in November! They built a beautiful house just one mile from us!
January
In January I was offered the job of my dreams! I began my teaching career as a 6th grade Reading teacher at a middle school in Frisco ISD. I love my school...I love my team...I love my 3-mile commute...I really can't complain!
Present
Skip ahead a few months and suddenly it's summer vacation! My first semester of teaching flew by, and for the first time since 2007, I have a summer vacation! No semesters abroad, no internships, no graduate courses...just summer! Wow, I chose an amazing profession!
So, now that I have more time on my hands, I'm back in the blogging world. I have plans for this blog -- just not specific plans. You might see...
That's all for now. I think this post is long enough! I promise I won't wait a year and a half to post again!
I hope everyone has a blessed week!
Lauren
![]() |
| My sweet grandparents in front of their new home |
Also in November, after several years of dreaming and searching, my dad finally bought a piece of land...his "farm." I know many great memories will be made at the farm!
![]() |
| The Farm - Howe, TX |
December
In December I graduated with my Master of Arts in Teaching degree from TWU! We also took an amazing trip to Playa del Carmen with our very best friends! I highly recommend The Royal if you're planning a trip to Mexico!
![]() |
| Paradise - Playa del Carmen, Mexico |
In January I was offered the job of my dreams! I began my teaching career as a 6th grade Reading teacher at a middle school in Frisco ISD. I love my school...I love my team...I love my 3-mile commute...I really can't complain!
Present
Skip ahead a few months and suddenly it's summer vacation! My first semester of teaching flew by, and for the first time since 2007, I have a summer vacation! No semesters abroad, no internships, no graduate courses...just summer! Wow, I chose an amazing profession!
So, now that I have more time on my hands, I'm back in the blogging world. I have plans for this blog -- just not specific plans. You might see...
- recipes
- home projects
- classroom projects
- Bible verses
- life lessons
- etc., etc., etc.
That's all for now. I think this post is long enough! I promise I won't wait a year and a half to post again!
I hope everyone has a blessed week!
Lauren




...I will be waiting You entries here ! :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy Your summer!
Merlin