I cannot believe it's been six weeks since my first post -- time flies! I truly meant to make this a weekly thing...oops. Well, my first big news is that I passed my TExES certification exam! I am now certified in Early Childhood through 6th grade and ESL! Now I just need to finish my masters!
Our other big news is...we bought a HOUSE! Yay! We decided about three weeks ago to apply for a loan and start house hunting. It took about a week to apply, get pre-qualified, and find a realtor. Two weeks ago, we spent our entire Saturday with our realtor and saw ten houses! That week we made offers on two different houses, but neither worked out. So on Friday, I went with our realtor to preview seven more, with the intent of taking Jonny back the next day to view the ones that made the cut. We saw all seven in an hour! It was crazy, but one stuck out and we went back with Jonathan later that night when he got off work. It had just gone on the market THAT DAY! It was a short sale, so it was listed for an amazing price. We decided to make an offer on it, and by the time our paperwork was complete and we were ready to submit our offer on Saturday, our realtor found that there were already multiple offers! Ugh. We were so anxious, but God was looking out for us because we got the call on Sunday that OUR offer had been accepted!
We are so excited and so ready to be out of an apartment and in our own house! But, since it's a short sale, it will take 60-90 days to close! We have already given our notice to move out, so it isn't an option to stay where we are. We paid a deposit for another apartment but have not signed the lease yet, so instead of signing a three month lease (which would be a lot more than the 14-month lease we were planning on signing) we are moving in with my parents until we close...not ideal, but the most practical! We are so thankful for their willingness to take us in for a few months! And I guess it's not a half-bad place to live :)
We have been moving stuff for the past few days and it feels like we're hardly making a dent! I have a feeling once we get in the house, we're never going to want to move again! I asked Jonathan the other day what he was planning on getting me for Christmas...he said, "A house!" I told him I should get at least one other thing, and he told me he would get me a refrigerator. Great! I guess this is what happens when you become a homeowner...no more clothes or jewelry, just appliances and upgrades! How about another puppy for that new yard (hint, hint, Jonny!)
With the holidays coming up, I'm a little sad that I won't have my own place -- apartment or house -- to decorate. I guess I have something to look forward to for next year! I hope everyone has a great week and a very happy Thanksgiving!
Lauren
No comments:
Post a Comment